Ten tips for better time management
Written on the 1 February 2016 by Snap Marketing
Work smarter, not harder
1. Plan your day everyday. Create a daily plan the night before each day starts. This will give you a great overview of how your day should pan out, and it will allow you to tick off your tasks as you go.
2. Prioritise. The golden rule of management. Figure out which tasks are most important, how long they will take to complete, and do those first. Now that you have finished your most important tasks you can focus on the smaller jobs or yourself!
3. Schedule your tasks. Give yourself time periods to finish each job. For example, Task 1 to be completed by 11am, Task 2 to be completed by 12pm. This way, you will be able to restrain any overflow and plan your day accordingly.
4. Say 'no' sometimes. Don't take on too many tasks if there's a chance you can't handle them. If you take on too many jobs then it will start affecting your other work. Take on what's most important then consider if there's realistically any room for more.
5. Sleep at least 7-8 hours every night. Most people need this amount of sleep every night just so their bodies and minds can function properly. If you are younger than 25 it's likely you need closer to 9 hours. Never underestimate the value of sleep.
6. Have a clock in your line of vision. Ever lost track of time? When your busy and not managing your time properly, it's amazing how quickly time flies.
7. Don't get distracted. Close down Facebook, Twitter, news sites, sport reviews any of those avenues that we can't help getting distracted with. What ever your guilty distraction is bin it!
8. Take a breath of fresh air. Although it's hard to tear yourself away from your work once you're on a roll, it's important to take breaks. It will keep you motivated, and help you focus when you return.
9. If help is available use it! What should you be doing and what should other be doing? If there's something that is better suited to someone else, or something not so important delegate! This will take some weight off your shoulders and you can focus on the more important tasks.
10. Enjoy yourself! Work can be fun too. Think to yourself, what can I do to spend more time enjoying what I'm doing? Be happy everyday. Be open. Be curious and remember there's always a way to improve anything you do in life.
Use this article to your advantage. It's truly amazing the difference a few small changes can make.