To create a Google Search Console key for improved SEO please follow the process below:
- Open your web browser and go to this URL: https://search.google.com/search-console/about
- Sign in using your client's Google mail (gmail) account (please do not use your personal email)
- Click Add property
- Enter the website URL in the box and click Continue
- Select the HTML tag verification method and copy the meta tag
- In a new tab or window, log into thewebconsole.com and navigate to Settings > Website Settings > SEO and click Show advanced options. Paste the meta tag into the Google Webmaster Tools Meta Tag box and click Save SEO Settings.
- Back in the Google Search Console window, click the Verify button
- On the left sidebar, click Crawl and then Sitemaps
- Click the Add/Test Sitemap button and enter the address of the website's XML sitemap (domain.com/sitemap.xml)
- Click Submit
You have now completed the Google Search Console key creation process.