The answer depends on whether we are looking after your:
- Emails and website, or
- Just your website
Emails and website
Before you change the nameservers
Before you change your domain name to point to our server:
- Are your email addresses setup on our server?
- Is the website ready to go live, eg: Have you checked for spelling mistakes etc...
- Have you contacted us to ensure that we have done everything on our side to make sure the domain will change without any issues?
- Are you aware that the change can take up to 48 hours? This means that you should carefully choose the time to make the change to avoid delays in important emails.
To make the change
- To point your domain through to our server, you will need to have access to edit your domain details. When you originally purchased the domain, the domain hosting company would have sent you some details on access to make changes.
- Once you have logged in to your domain management tool, you will need to change the nameservers to:
- "ns1.thewebconsole.com" and
- If your Domain Registrar requires that you place an IP Address along side the nameservers, see this information below:
- "ns1.thewebconsole.com - 126.96.36.199" and
- "ns2.thewebconsole.com - 188.8.131.52"
Change will usually take between 12 - 48 hours to propagate through the worldwide Internet.
Just the website
To point just the website service of your domain name to our servers, you need to make the following changes:
- Point the A-Record to 184.108.40.206 (eg. domain.com -> A -> 220.127.116.11)
- Point the WWW-Record of the domain to canada.elbtwc.com (eg. www.domain.com -> CNAME -> canada.elbtwc.com)
This change will take between 2 - 12 hours.