Before you start the design process, think about the impression you want to create. Sleek and professional? Reliable and trustworthy? Fun and relaxed? Witty and humorous? This should drive not only your selection of colours, fonts and images, but also the shape and size for your business card and the stock and finishes used.
There are a range of design elements to consider when creating your busines card:
- Colours: ensure these are consistent with your brand guidelines, and reflect your desired business image.
- Size and shape: you can opt for the classic business card size and format (90 x 55mm, landscape), or go for something different, like a slimline or square business card.
- Card Stock: generally speaking, the heavier the card stock, the higher the quality image portrayed by your business card.
- Matte, Silk or Gloss finish: your choice of finish will reflect your brand and business image.
- Specialty finishes: there are whole range of speciality finishes that can be used on your business cards. Your local Snap Centre will be able to advise on what is available.